2. The US inflation rate has jumped to 3.4 percent, the highest rate in 5 years.
3. The number of daily attacks in Iraq rose from 52 in December, 2004 to 77 in December, 2005.
4. A third of US veterans who served in Iraq and Afghanistan, some 40,000 persons,exhibit at least some signs of mental health disorders. Some 14,000were treated for drug dependencies, and 11,000 for depression.
5. Increases in American consumer spending come from borrowing.
6. The $320 - $400 bilion deficits run by the Bush administration may push up the cost of mortgages and loans.
7. 58% of Americans think Bush is painting Iraq as rosier than it is. A majority thinks we should never have invaded the country.
8. The US military is at a breaking point.
9. In fact, The US and Iran are tacit allies in Iraq.
10. More money would be needed to finish the US reconstruction projects begun in Iraq.